01 Where to Apply
Applicants should complete an Online Application on our website （tju.at0086.cn/student）according to the application schedule.
02 Application Deadline
May 31, 2023
03 Supporting Categories and Scholarship Duration
Note：Tianjin Government Scholarship is a one-year duration scholarship open for both prospective students and current students at Tianjin University, it could be applied year by year.
For current students at TJU, please contact Office of Academic Affairs (Phone: 27400919; Email:firstname.lastname@example.org) for more application details.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
2. Requirements for applicants’ degree and age:
Applicants applying for a Master degree should hold a Bachelor diploma and be under the age of 35;
Applicants applying for a PhD degree should hold a Master diploma and be under the age of 40.
3. Language Proficiency requirements:
① For Chinese-instructed program :
Applicants are required to submit HSK-5 certificates with the minimum score of 180. Native Chinese speakers and applicants who complete the undergraduate/master study in Chinese are allowed to be exempted from providing HSK Certificates.
② For English-instructed program :
Applicants are required to submit English Proficiency Certificates. TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.0 is mandatory. Native English speakers are allowed to be exempted from providing relevant certificates. For applicants who complete the undergraduate/master study in English can submit Certificate of Undergraduate/Master Study in English as alternative language certificate instead of TOEFL or IELTS.
* The minimum language requirement for English-instructed MBA Program is TOEFL 85 or IELTS 6.5.
4. Applicants should have good conduct, good physical and mental health, and be willing to abide by the laws and regulations of China and Tianjin University.
05 Program Catalogue
For programs covered by this scholarship, please clickFor programs covered by this scholarship, please click;.xls
06 Application Materials
Please upload all the listed documents below to the application system:
1. Scanned Copy of Highest Diploma. Scan copy of Pre-graduation Certificate is required if the applicants have not gained degree certificate before the application deadline. Once admitted, applicants are required to present their original Bachelor Degree Certificate with the Degree Authentication Document upon registration for enrollment qualification review. Applicants who fail the enrollment qualification review will be disqualified from enrollment.
2. Scan of notarized copy of the academic transcripts. Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline must provide their current academic transcript. In this case, the completed academic transcripts must be submitted before registration.
3. Photocopy of passport ( Ordinary passport with valid period).
4. Tianjin Government Scholarship Application Form(Tianjin Government Scholarship Application Form(2023 Fall TGS Application Form).doc).
5. Chinese or English Proficiency Certificate.
6. Study Experience Resume (The start and end time of each education experience must be uninterrupted, and education level should start from senior middle school. Please click to download the templateStudy Experience Resume.docx).
7. Study or Research Plan. At least 800 characters, in Chinese or English.
8. Two Recommendation Letters in English or Chinese from two professors or associate professors (Please click to download the templateRecommendation Letter.doc).
9. Acceptance Letter from TJU Supervisor. (Please click to download the templateAcceptance Letter of International Applicants.docx). Remember to upload it to the application system if you get the Acceptance Letter. Please click here to get contacts of professors..xls
10. Physical Examination Record for Foreigners. (Please click to download the templateForeigner Physical Examination Form.pdf). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed and should be conducted after October, 2022.
11. Applicants who are now in China must submit Scan of Photocopy of Visa and Transfer Certificate from present university.
12. Scan of Non-Criminal Record or Student Performance Letter.
13. Financial Statement (Bank deposit certificate or the work income certificate of the financial guarantor).
14. Other Attachments. Applicants can submit published papers and applicants of School of Architecture are requested to submit E-work Collection and Video Presentation, etc.
1. Applicants are required to submit scanned images of all required documents at the time of application. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations are to be submitted together to the application system.
2. Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
3. TJU has the right to request the applicants to provide the original or notarized hard copies of application documents for further qualification checks if the uploaded documents are not sufficient. Applicants shall guarantee all the information and application documents submitted in this application are authentic and accurate, otherwise they will be disqualified from admission.
07 Admission Procedures
1. Application deadline: May 31, 2023
2. TJU and Tianjin Government Review: Jun 1, 2023- Jun 30, 2023;
3. Result Release: Tianjin University will announce the admission result officially on website, and post Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) to scholarship winners from July 1 to August 31;
4. Registration: Aug. 24 to Aug. 25, 2023.
International Admissions Office, School of International Education, Tianjin University
Address: Room 201, School of International Education, 92 Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, China
Zip code: 300072
Website: http://sie.tju.edu.cn/en/, www.tju.edu.cn